Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Can People Above Age of 30 Play Video Games?

This is an interesting question for all the video game players out there. Can you still play video games above age of 30? Well, the statistics indicate that more and more people are increasingly playing above age of 30. More older people are playing than ever before. It has to do with what you as the player like to do than what others consider as right or wrong. Keywords: video games age, video games age restriction, video games age group, video games age rating, video games for adults.

video games age, video games age restriction, video games age group, video games age rating, video games for adults
By Flickr



Is It Cool To Play Video Games Over 30?

The market for video games keeps getting bigger and better. But when you reach 30, is it still cool to be playing them?

When I met the man that is now my husband 3 years ago, I had only ever played on one video game system: Super Nintendo. My parents got it for me and my siblings when we were younger. I hadn’t touched a controller since. But, like every girl who wants to impress a guy, I went along with him and started playing games with him.

I was hooked.

My favorites are turn-based RPGs. He started me out on Final Fantasy 7, and then when we got a PS2, I started playing Final Fantasy 10. There were many different games in between as well.

Even now that we are married, our favorite thing to do together is to play video games. We have an Xbox 360 now and that just makes the video game experience even better. We really enjoyed playing Resident Evil 5 together.

I have noticed, though that more and more older people look down on us for spending our free time playing games. Is there really something wrong with playing video games after you have reached a certain age?

According to the Pew Research Center, a little over 50% of adult Americans play video games. The numbers in their research indicated that adults, ages 18-29 were more likely to play video games than older adults. There are now reports though, of Wii systems being used in some nursing homes to allow the elderly to exercise and have some fun.

About half of our friends are over thirty and most are anxiously awaiting the release of God of War 3 and Final Fantasy 13. My parents spend most nights bowling on their Wii. Is it wrong? I don’t think so. It is what we choose to do for entertainment.

So is it cool to play video games after 30? I’ll still be playing. I’ll see you all on Xbox Live.


video games age, video games age restriction, video games age group, video games age rating, video games for adults
By Flickr


*************************************************************************************

This post is available under the Creative Commons Attribution license.
In essense, you are free to copy this post, modify, distribute, share etc. whatever you want as long as you attribute it to this page or to my blog on writing articles online.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License.

*************************************************************************************

This article at tweetmeme

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...