Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eating at Happy Days

Guest post written by Candice Evans.

I am just not a fan of nostalgia. This type of style has never tickled my fancy. I am the type of person that likes to live in the here and now. That being said, I was not very thrilled about the new restaurant in town that opened. the name was enough for me. Happy Days was what they called it. I mean how much more nostalgically cheesy could you get. My mother had been on me to go there with her for several months. One night I reluctantly agreed just for the simple fact that it may get her to leave me alone about it. She even offered to drive and pay for the meal in order to get me to go. When she pulled up , I set my ADT alarm systems, and slowly made my way to the car. She could tell that I was just doing this for her and i could see that it disappointed her. I decided then that I would make the best of the night.When we arrived i was surprised to see all of the people inside laughing and dancing. There was live music flowing from the open doors at the front of the building. I have to admit that the place looked very inviting, even to me.

The food was great as well. To my surprise the feel of olden times was quite complementing to the whole experience. Furthermore, my mother was ecstatic that I was actually having a good time. I guess nostalgia just fits some occassions.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...