Friday, May 14, 2010

Finding The Perfect Gift

This is a guest post by Kallie Wilson.

My dad’s birthday was coming up, and I didn’t know what to get him. What do you buy someone who has everything? It sure makes it tough. But I was not going to give up because I wanted to find the perfect gift. I have given him cash most of the time, but that just isn’t very personal. This year his gift was going to be personal and perfect.


I got to thinking about the things he likes. It was right there in front of me the whole time. My dad has been a Braves fan since they were in Milwaukee. I really wanted to get him a Braves jersey. I checked all the sports stores in town and came up empty handed. I do live 1000 miles away from Atlanta after all.

But this was for my dad, so I had to keep looking. I drove over to the next city because I knew of a mall that had two really good sports stores. The first one actually had Braves jersey’s but not in my dads size or of his favorite player. The second one had the right player and size, but it was the ugly throw-back jersey’s. I was not buying my dad a robin egg blue jersey. I can’t imagine having to wear those ugly jersey’s with matching pants.

It was time to head to the computer. In about 10 seconds I found the perfect gift. The jersey I found was of my dads favorite player and it was in his size. I had wasted a whole day running around town, but using my hughesnet satellite internet was so fast and easy, I got the whole transaction done in less than 10 minutes. The only problem I had was deciding whether to get a home or road jersey.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...